jump to SCRIP | jump to AmazonSmile
AKA “FREE MONEY FOR OUR SCHOOL”
WHAT IS SCRIP?
Scrip fundraising is a no-selling program that enables families to raise money for their non-profit organization (NPO). Scrip is just another way to pay for everyday purchases using gift cards in place of cash, checks, and credit cards.
You purchase gift cards from your organization at face value, and your coordinator orders those cards from Great Lakes Scrip Center at a reduced price. The difference is an instant rebate for your organization. It’s really that simple!
Great Lakes Scrip Center offers over 300 of the country’s biggest brands, including grocery, department stores, gas stations, restaurants, hotels, home improvement, and more. Just by using scrip to pay for your normal weekly purchases, you can easily raise $500 or more per year. It’s time to put your shopping dollars to work!
HOW DOES IT WORK?
To place your scrip orders, you need to first create a ShopWithScrip®account. Go to www.shopwithscrip.com and click on the ‘Create Account’ button in the green Family Sign Up box on the left side of the page. This will take you to the ‘Family Registraton’ page. Simply fill in the required fields on the form and accept the terms and conditions of the site.
You will be asked to select two challenge questions and provide answers, which will be required if you forget your password. Keep in mind that your answers are case-sensitive. You will also need to enter our organization’s unique enrollment code, 323A666635883. This code allows the ShopWithScrip system to link your account activity with our organization.
HOW TO PAY FOR SCRIP:
- Order online and then submit a check (made out to CWS) to the main office.
- Pay for your scrip gift cards online with PrestoPayTM, the convenient payment system available on ShopWithScrip.com. When you use PrestoPay, your order payment is transferred securely via electronic debit. You won’t have to drop off any more checks!PrestoPay is not a credit card system, because credit cards charge fees that are costly for our scrip program. Instead, PrestoPay uses the same electronic payment transfer used by direct deposit systems. It’s easy to use, and easy to get started!Simply log into your ShopWithScrip® account, click on the PrestoPay link in the left navigation column, and enter your checking account information. Complete the steps to verify your information, and you will receive a secure approval code to share with your scrip coordinator. That’s it! You will then be able to choose the PrestoPay option when you check out on ShopWithScrip.com, and have your payment securely transferred from your checking account right to our organization. A small $0.15 convenience fee will apply to each order.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
- Do I have to pay extra to use scrip? NO! You pay the face value to purchase the giftcards (scrip) from the school and you receive the full value of the giftcard amount when you use it. The participating merchants contribute the $$ that CWS earns from your giftcard use.
- What happens if I lose my card? Scrip giftcards are like cash and cannot be replaced or refunded if lost or stolen, so treat them as you would cash. CWS cannot be responsible for lost or stolen cards.
- Can I use the cards outside of Charlottesville? YES! Take them when you travel, use them as gifts and send them to out-of-town family members!
- Why should I buy scrip? CWS NEEDS YOUR SUPPORT! The SCRIP program is the easiest fundraising our school has ever done. Last year, we made almost $6,000 by people choosing to buy a scrip card for groceries they would have purchased anyway. Participants are responsible for donating almost $5,000 to the school without spending a penny of their own money! If every family spent just $50 in scrip every week, our school would earn $13,000 in one year!
Sign up for PrestoPay!
PrestoPay is an easy way to pay for your ShopWithScrip orders without using checks. Follow along with this video to get signed up and start using PrestoPay soon!
How to Use Reload & ReloadNow!
Reload and ReloadNow allow you to add funds back onto card you have already ordered from GLSC.
How to Order ScripNow
It’s easy to order ScripNow on ShopWithScrip! Print out eCards to use in stores, use them when you’re in the checkout online, or even send ScripNow as an eGift!
Welcome to MyScripWallet!
MyScripWallet puts fundraising at your fingertips! It uses your existing ShopWithScrip® and PrestoPay account, so you have access to more than 250 of your favorite brands available in ScripNow eCards, and over 75 brands that can be reloaded. MyScripWallet offers the widest selection of electronically delivered products and the highest rebates available anywhere, and all of your orders will be tracked on your ShopWithScrip account. MyScripWallet is currently supported on iPhone and Android devices. Visit www.MyScripWallet.com and try it today!
Add MyScripWallet to Your Home Screen!
You can add a MyScripWallet shortcut to the home screen of your iPhone or Android phone. Watch this video to learn how!
THAT’S A LOT OF FREE MONEY!!!
USING SCRIP MAKES YOU FEEL GOOD ABOUT HELPING THE SCHOOL AND IS EASY! TRY IT NOW!
What is AmazonSmile?
AmazonSmile is a simple and automatic way for you to support your favorite charitable organization every time you shop, at no cost to you. When you shop at smile.amazon.com, you’ll find the exact same low prices, vast selection and convenient shopping experience as Amazon.com, with the added bonus that Amazon will donate a portion of the purchase price to your favorite charitable organization. You can choose from nearly one million organizations to support.
How do I shop at AmazonSmile?
To shop at AmazonSmile simply go to smile.amazon.com from the web browser on your computer or mobile device. You may also want to add a bookmark to smile.amazon.com to make it even easier to return and start your shopping at AmazonSmile.
Which products on AmazonSmile are eligible for charitable donations?
Tens of millions of products on AmazonSmile are eligible for donations. You will see eligible products marked “Eligible for AmazonSmile donation” on their product detail pages. Recurring Subscribe-and-Save purchases and subscription renewals are not currently eligible.
Can I use my existing Amazon.com account on AmazonSmile?
Yes, you use the same account on Amazon.com and AmazonSmile. Your shopping cart, Wish List, wedding or baby registry, and other account settings are also the same.
How do I select a charitable organization to support when shopping on AmazonSmile?
On your first visit to AmazonSmile smile.amazon.com, you need to select a charitable organization to receive donations from eligible purchases before you begin shopping. We will remember your selection, and then every eligible purchase you make at smile.amazon.com will result in a donation.
Can I change my charity?
Yes, you can change your charity any time. Your AmazonSmile purchases after the change count towards your newly selected charity. To change your charity, sign in to smile.amazon.com on your desktop or mobile phone browser and simply select “Change your Charity” in “Your Account.”
What charities can I choose from?
You can choose from almost one million eligible 501(c)(3) public charitable organizations. Search for Charlottesville Waldorf School.
How much of my purchase does Amazon donate?
The AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of the purchase price from your eligible AmazonSmile purchases. The purchase price is the amount paid for the item minus any rebates and excluding shipping & handling, gift-wrapping fees, taxes, or service charges. From time to time, we may offer special, limited time promotions that increase the donation amount on one or more products or services or provide for additional donations to charitable organizations. Special terms and restrictions may apply. Please see the relevant promotion for complete details.
Can I receive a tax deduction for amounts donated from my purchases on AmazonSmile?
Donations are made by the AmazonSmile Foundation and are not tax deductible by you.
To support CWS, always shop at smile.amazon.com
Try these 2 easy ways to start with a smile. Learn about AmazonSmile
Bookmark AmazonSmile now by pressing Command B on your keyboard.