CWS SCRIP PROGRAM
AKA “FREE MONEY FOR OUR SCHOOL”
WHAT IS SCRIP? Scrip is a term that means “substitute money.” When you use scrip (gift cards) to purchase your groceries, pharmacy prescriptions, or gas the school earns a percentage from the store where you made the purchase AT NO COST TO YOU!
HOW DOES IT WORK?
To place your scrip orders, you need to first create a ShopWithScrip®account. Go to www.shopwithscrip.com
and click on the ‘Create Account’ button in the green Family Sign Up box on the left side of the page. This will take you to the ‘Family Registraton’ page. Simply fill in the required fields on the form and accept the terms and conditions of the site.
You will be asked to select two challenge questions and provide answers, which will be required if you forget your password. Keep in mind that your answers are case-sensitive. You will also need to enter our organization’s unique enrollment code, 323a666635883. This code allows the ShopWithScrip system to link your account activity with our organization.
HOW TO PAY FOR SCRIP:
1. Order online and then submit a check (made out to CWS) to the main office.
2. Pay for your scrip gift cards online with PrestoPayTM, the convenient payment system available on ShopWithScrip.com. When you use PrestoPay, your order payment is transferred securely via electronic debit. You won’t have to drop off any more checks!
PrestoPay is not a credit card system, because credit cards charge fees that are costly for our scrip program. Instead, PrestoPay uses the same electronic payment transfer used by direct deposit systems. It’s easy to use, and easy to get started!
Simply log into your ShopWithScrip® account, click on the PrestoPay link in the left navigation column, and enter your checking account information. Complete the steps to verify your information, and you will receive a secure approval code to share with your scrip coordinator. That’s it! You will then be able to choose the PrestoPay option when you check out on ShopWithScrip.com, and have your payment securely transferred from your checking account right to our organization. A small $0.15 convenience fee will apply to each order.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
* Do I have to pay extra to use scrip? NO! You pay the face value to purchase the giftcards (scrip) from the school and you receive the full value of the giftcard amount when you use it. The participating merchants contribute the $$ that CWS earns from your giftcard use.
* What happens if I lose my card? Scrip giftcards are like cash and cannot be replaced or refunded if lost or stolen, so treat them as you would cash. CWS cannot be responsible for lost or stolen cards.
* Can I use the cards outside of Charlottesville? YES! Take them when you travel, use them as gifts and send them to out-of-town family members!
* Why should I buy scrip? CWS NEEDS YOUR SUPPORT! The scrip program is the easiest fundraising our school has ever done. Last year, we made almost $6,000 by people choosing to buy a scrip card for groceries they would have purchased anyway. Participants are responsible for donating almost $5,000 to the school without spending a penny of their own money! If every family spent just $50 in scrip every week, our school would earn $13,000 in one year!
THAT'S A LOT OF FREE MONEY!!!
USING SCRIP MAKES YOU FEEL GOOD ABOUT HELPING THE SCHOOL AND IS EASY! TRY IT!