Young children build their capacities for curiosity, creative thinking, and resilience every day through their experiences.
At the Charlottesville Waldorf School, beautiful, home-like classrooms surround children with quiet beauty, inviting them to relax and open up to the world. Grounded in a play-based curriculum, the Charlottesville Waldorf School early childhood programs center movement, nature, and imagination, building social skills and developing the capabilities required for academic excellence.
At CWS your child will experience:
- Open-ended, creative play
- Extended time outdoors, experiencing nature
- Sensory-rich toys made of natural materials
- A warm, home-like environment
- Diverse and inclusive stories, songs, poems, and games
- A predictable and dependable rhythm to the days, weeks, and year
For 100 years, Waldorf early childhood programs have been nurturing young children, establishing a strong foundation for academic learning and a life-long interest in other people and in the world around them.
Explore our Early Childhood Programs
Early Childhood Events
- First Grade Virtual Open House
- Waldorf Day of Sharing
- Virtual Early Childhood Open House
- May Day Celebration!