Young children build their capacities for curiosity, creative thinking, and resilience every day through their experiences.
At the Charlottesville Waldorf School, beautiful, home-like classrooms and ample outdoor play areas with gardens and trees surround the children with quiet beauty, inviting them to relax and open up to the world. Grounded in a play-based curriculum, the Charlottesville Waldorf School early childhood programs center movement, nature, and imagination; building social skills and developing the capabilities required for academic excellence.
In the 2020/21 School Year our Nursery and Kindergarten Programs will both take place predominantly outdoors on private playground areas. Learn more!
At CWS your child will experience:
- Open-ended, creative play
- Extended time outdoors, experiencing nature
- Sensory-rich toys made of natural materials
- A warm, home-like environment
- Diverse and inclusive stories, songs, poems, and games
- A predictable and dependable rhythm to the days, weeks, and year
For 100 years, Waldorf early childhood programs have been nurturing young children, establishing a strong foundation for academic learning and a life-long interest in other people and in the world around them.
Explore our Early Childhood Programs
Please note: we will not be offering our Toddler Program during the beginning of the 2020/21 school year but do plan to add this wonderful class back into our school offerings. If you are interested in this program for 2-3 year olds, please contact our Admissions Office to be added to our interest list.
Early Childhood Events
- Early Childhood Open House at the Charlottesville Waldorf School
- First Grade Virtual Open House
- Waldorf Day of Sharing
- Virtual Early Childhood Open House