Admissions & Enrollment Procedures For Early Childhood Program
Thank you for your interest in Charlottesville Waldorf School. The admissions procedure involves 5 steps:
1. School Tours, Observations in Classrooms: Parents begin the process by touring our school with our Enrollment Director. This may be done either during an Observation Morning, Open House, or on a separate visit.
2. Open Houses: Families of prospective Early Childhood applicants are invited to attend an Open House during which the children can explore our classrooms and parents can visit with a faculty member.
3. Application: Parents submit to CWS: a completed Application for Admission; a nonrefundable $50 application fee; a recent photo of the applicant; and a teacher recommendation. Note: if CWS will be the child's first experience outside of the home, a recommendation is not needed.
To apply, click the link below:
4. Family Interview and Scheduling of Student Visit: Upon receipt of all completed forms and fees, the Enrollment director will contact the family to schedule further admissions appointments. An Early Childhood student visit may range in length from a forty-five minute visit among a group of applicants to a visit of several consecutive days in the classroom during school hours. This is determined by the faculty and arranged with the parents. A teacher may request a separate meeting with the parents either prior to or simultaneous with the student visit.
5. Notification: Upon completion of the admissions process, the family will be notified of our admissions decision and the appropriate enrollment forms will be provided for all accepted applicants.
The enrollment procedure involves the following steps:
1. Enrollment and Registration Forms: If a child is invited to enter our Early Childhood program, then the family will be provided with enrollment and registration forms.
2. Enrollment & Start Date: Once CWS receives ALL completed enrollment and registration forms, a starting date for the childs first day at CWS will be set.
3. Ongoing Evaluations: Every child is evaluated each year for admission into the next years grade; admission for one year is not an absolute guarantee of admission for a subsequent year.
Admissions & Enrollment Procedures For Grades 1-8
Thank you for your interest in Charlottesville Waldorf School. The admissions procedure involves six steps:
1. School Tour & Observation Morning
2. Application: Parents submit an Application for Admission along with a $50 non-refundable application fee, all transcripts, and a current photograph.
To apply, click the link below:
3. Parent and Teacher Meeting: Upon receipt of all completed forms and fees, the Enrollment Director schedules a meeting between the teacher and the parent.
4. Student Visit: After the meeting between parent and teacher, the Enrollment Director schedules a 2-3 day student visit for the applicant.
5. Parent-Teacher Meeting: At the conclusion of the student visit, the teacher will meet with the parents to summarize the visit.
6. Notification: Upon completion of the admissions process, the Enrollment Director will send a letter to the family informing them of the school’s decision.
Once a child has been accepted, the enrollment procedure continues as follows:
1. Tuition Contract: A tuition contract is sent to the parents.
2. Enrollment & Start Date: Once CWS receives a signed contract accompanied by the deposit or tuition payment, and ALL enrollment and registration forms have been completed, the Enrollment Director will set a date for the student to start school.
3. Ongoing Evaluations: Every child is evaluated each year for admission into the next year’s grade. Admission for one year is not an absolute guarantee of admission for a subsequent year.
We look forward to hearing from you soon. If you have any further questions about the Admissions and Enrollment process, please contact our Enrollment Director at: