The Office Manager is responsible for activities that support the general relationships of students, parents, teachers, visitors, and inquiries to the Charlottesville Waldorf School. The overall direction of questions to the right people and groups characterize the nature of this important entryway to the school.
Commitment: Monday – Friday 7:30am – 3:30pm August – June with flex time in July.
Base Salary: $27,000
Benefits: Tuition Remission 75% for up to 2 children.
Reporting and Accountability Relationship: Works closely with faculty and administrative faculty. He/she will report directly to the School Coordinator.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide the welcoming face to the school through greeting people as they come into the office, answer the phone, answer questions, or direct questions to appropriate individuals.
- Keep the front office tidy and organized, including the filing system.
- Responsible for student records.
- Coordinate mailings/bulk mailings as needed.
- Assist School Director as needed.
- Generate and receive forms
- Input/update family information in the database, and generally keep the database up to date, entering data about alumni, annual giving, etc.
- Coordinate all excursions with teachers
- Perform first aid for injured students and tend to ill students
- Record attendance
- Maintain aftercare list
- Knowledgeable of Social Services Daycare Regulations
- Order all office supplies for administrative staff
- Coordinate annual Mercurius school supply order
- Manage maintenance and repair of office machines
- Oversee formatting, printing, mailing, and filing of end-of-year reports
- Work with faculty to develop parent-teacher conference schedule twice a year
- Print mailing labels as needed for various projects
- Produce and publish (online) Family Directory yearly
- Relay messages to all faculty and staff
Group Memberships: Administrative Faculty
Individual or Group Relationships: Students, Parents, Teachers, Full Faculty, School Director, Enrollment Coordinator, College Chair
Qualifications: Strong interpersonal skills, verbal and written communication, proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Office Publisher, and data entry, first aid certified, punctual, familiar with web-based communication, strong office skills (i.e. copying, filing, faxing, phone etiquette)