The Charlottesville Waldorf School (CWS) strives to develop a diverse student population and to serve every family enrolled in the school that values a Waldorf education as a family priority. The school’s Financial Aid (FA) program addresses families’ needs for help with tuition while being mindful of the financial health of the school. Financial Aid is available on the basis of demonstrated need. It may not be possible, however, to accommodate every family’s unique circumstance. Therefore, the School asks parents/guardians to pursue all other sources of income for tuition payments.
NOTE: CWS requires both natural parents and any step parents in a divided family to submit Financial Aid Applications in order to determine need. Each situation is unique and will be handled on an individual basis. In dealing with divorced or separated parents, the goal of the Financial Aid Committee is to obtain as much information as possible from both parties, as well as from the spouses of either or both.
We use TADS, a third-part financial assessment organization, to provide a framework through which household need can be measured fairly and equitably. Recommendations from TADS are used by the Financial Aid Committee in accordance with its policies to determine the Financial Aid grant amount.
Applications for Financial Aid may be completed online in conjunction with your application to CWS. We offer Financial Aid for students applying for 5-day Mixed-age kindergarten through eighth grade.
Financial Aid is not available for Parent/Child, Toddler or 3-day Nursery classes, Aftercare, or Summer Programs.
Consideration for budgeted Financial Aid funds are given in the following order. We do not reserve funds for families whose required TADS information is incomplete or submitted after the due date.
- Applications from current recipients who have completed renewal requirements by stated due dates.
- New applications from currently enrolled students with completed requirements by the stated due date.
- New applications from candidates accepted for admission with completed requirements by the stated due dates.
- Renewal and new applications completed after specified due dates, if funds remain available.
Applications for financial aid may be completed online at mytads.com. The $39 application fee is made payable to TADS. Failure to pay the processing fee may delay the evaluation of your application.
The following supporting documentation must be submitted to TADS via mail or fax prior in order for your application to be considered:
- Most recently completed federal tax forms (personal and businesses owned) – use 2016 tax information
- W-2’s from each job held by household members
- Most recent pay stub from each job held by household members
- Documents that establish the amount of miscellaneous monthly or yearly income you currently receive (i.e., welfare, food stamps, unemployment, workers’ compensation, etc.,)
- All corporate, partnership, and trust forms if a household member owns 20% or more interest in a corporation, partnership or trust
- Signed IRS Form 4506t to cover the 2014, 2015 and 2016 tax years.
Need Assistance with your Application?
You may contact TADS for assistance completing the application or to check application status. TADS does not have FA grant information.
|Mailing Address||1201 Hawthorne Ave., Suite 100
Minneapolis, MN 55403
|Telephone||800-884-8237 (Mon – Fri, 8am – 8pm Central)|
|Fax||612-548-3326 (24 hours)|