The Charlottesville Waldorf School (CWS) strives to develop a diverse student population and to serve every family enrolled in the school that values a Waldorf education as a family priority. The school’s Tuition Assistance (TA) program addresses families’ needs for help with tuition while being mindful of the financial health of the school. Tuition support is available on the basis of demonstrated need. It may not be possible, however, to accommodate every family’s unique circumstance. Therefore, the School asks parents/guardians to pursue all other sources of income for tuition payments.
Note, CWS requires both natural parents and any step parents in a divided family to submit TA Applications in order to determine need. Each situation is unique and will be handled on an individual basis. In dealing with divorced or separated parents, the goal of the TA Committee is to obtain as much information as possible from both parties, as well as from the spouses of either or both.
We use TADS, a third-part financial assessment organization, to provide a framework through which household need can be measured fairly and equitably. Recommendations from TADS are used by the Tuition Assistance Committee in accordance with its policies to determine the tuition assistance award amount.
Applications for tuition assistance may be completed online in conjunction with your application to CWS.
We offer tuition assistance for students applying for 5-day kindergarten to eighth grade; tuition assistance is not available for Parent/Child, 3-day Nursery, or Summer Programs.
Consideration for budgeted Tuition Assistance funds are given in the following order. We do not reserve funds for families whose required TADS information is incomplete or submitted after the due date.
1. Applications from current recipients who have completed renewal requirements by stated due dates.
2. New applications from currently enrolled students with completed requirements by the stated due date.
3. New applications from candidates accepted for admission with completed requirements by the stated due dates.
4. Renewal and new applications completed after specified due dates, if funds remain available.
Applications for tuition assistance may be completed online at http://www.mytads.com/. The $34 application fee is made payable to TADS. Failure to pay the processing fee may delay the evaluation of your application.
1. most recently completed federal tax forms (personal and businesses owned) - use 2015 tax information
2. W-2's from each job held by household members
3. Most recent pay stub from each job held by household members
4. Documents that establish the amount of miscellaneous monthly or yearly income you currently receive (i.e., welfare, food stamps, unemployment, workers' compensation, etc.,)
5. All corporate, partnership, and trust forms if a household member owns 20% or more interest in a corporation, partnership or trust
You may contact TADS for assistance completing the application or to check application status. TADS does not have award information.
|Mailing Address:||1201 Hawthorne Ave., Suite 100
Minneapolis, MN 55403
|Telephone:||800.884.8237 (M-F, 8-8 Central)|
|Fax Number:||612.548.3326 (24 hours)|